With 25 years of experience, TYM knows better than anyone that financial inclusion is intrinsically linked to breaking the poverty cycle. Our current portfolio is made up of 138.000 poor, near poor and low income women. Whilst credit is our main service we also offer a variety of savings schemes to help women accumulate wealth, better manage their finances and develop their businesses.
All our loans were originally designed using lending values inspired by Grameen Bank principles and have been adapted to meet Vietnamese women’s. Loans must have features which suit poor and low income families; collateral free, repayable in small weekly or monthly installments, simple to access and based on strict credit discipline.
The majority of our Clients & Members take out loans for economic development purposes to run their small farming, livestock, fishery, forestry & trading businesses. A smaller part of our portfolio borrow to meet consumption and housing needs or invest in their Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). At TYM we recognize that not all households have the same needs, that’s why we have developed short term, medium term and Micro and Small Entrepreneurs (MSE) loans which are adapted to their diverse circumstances.
We offer the following loans: Economic Development, Policy Loans, Multipurpose Loans, Construction Loand and MSE Loans.
Portfolio breakdown 2017
Loans range in size according to capital requirements, project prize, economic capacity and the repayment capability of the members.They are classified into three groups (i) Short-term microloans, (ii) Medium term microloans & (iii) MSE loans summarized below for a more detailed description please click here to see our detailed Product Description.
|‘Policy’ Loan for women living below poverty line
(1-25 million VND)
|Loans for households close to poverty line
||Business Development Loan
- Medium-term microloans are disbursed after 50 weeks of compulsory savings
|‘Construction and Home Improvement loan’
- MSE loans are being piloted in four provinces to existing and new clients with micro or small enterprises. Collateral may be required in some cases
Piloting loan for disaster risk recovery:
Since January 1, 2019, TYM has piloted loan for disaster risk recovery in Hai Hau branch, Nam Dinh province and Quynh Luu branch, Nghe An province. This is the result of the project “Increase the resilience and business continuity capacity of TYM’s low income members and families to disaster and climate risks” in 2018.
• Subjects: TYM members affected by natural disasters need loans to invest in livestock/animal raising, production, business, trading, fishery, forestry and trading… to overcome the effects of natural disasters.
• Loan amount: From VND 1,000,000 to VND 30,000,000.
• Loan term: 50 weeks, 52 weeks
• Lending rate: specified in each period
• Form of repayment: once a week for 50-week term loan and once every four weeks for 52-week term
Loan documents include:
• Loan application
• Credit assessment table
• Credit agreement
• TYM’s form on the causes of disaster on the member’s family verified by the local government
Savings are inherently linked to all successful microfinance programs as they permit poor and low-income households to accumulate wealth, develop new savings habits and achieve their goals. TYM provides financial education training and services make it easier for Members* to turn loose change into valuable savings.
Our savings products are:
- Secure: Client’s money is safe with TYM
- Adapted: They don’t require large deposits, as little as 20 cents a week (5000 VND)
- Convenient: Collection takes place close to clients’ homes
- Simple: Transactions are fast and require minimal paperwork
- Competitive: We use market-based interest rates
Check out our savings products in detail
||Voluntary savings (non-term)
|| 1, 3, 6, 12 month term deposits
(*)TYM Members are those clients who commit to participate in all of TYM’s services such as loans, savings, family mutual assistance and to follow TYM’s rules and regulations.